May 24, 2009

Graduation Card



I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this owl!! It is the whole reason I bought the Wild Card cartridge! I had to have the cartridge just for the owl. *grin*


I made this card for my friend's daughter, Megan, that is graduating high school this year. I still need to finish the inside of the card, but I am very pleased with the outside.
I cut the Owl card from the "Wild Card" cricut cartridge. The owl's cap is actually another card on Wild Card. I just made it small to fit his head. The card is cut on a wonderful 2 sided cardstock that I got at Joann's. The outside is the stripes and the inside is a light blue. The ribbon is from Joann's as well. It is a self stick ribbon from their $1 scrapbooking section.
******Update******
Megan graduated on Friday, May 29th. I gave her the card that night at her graduation party. She loved it!! She thought he was really cute. A friend of mine that was also there asked me what store I got it at. He really liked it. Considering he does the set design for "The Guiding Light" soap opera, I took for a very big compliment!! YAY! Mission accomplished!!

2 comments:

~Jeri~ said...

What a cute card!!! Great job!

#1Aunt said...

I will be scraplifting this one! Thanks for the idea. My sister's stepson has not gotten anything from us yet because I didn't want to give him a store-bought card. Now I have an idea!

Thanks!!