Jun 13, 2009

Father's Day Cards

This is the card that I made for my
Step-Dad. He's been married to my Mom
since I was 6 years old, so he's my Dad :)
I took several pictures in different lighting
to show the true colors and emboss on
the card. I will post what I did at the bottom.


This picture is without any flash to show
the colors a little better.


See how the flash lightens it in the pictures?
But you can see the emboss better as well
as the ink effect on the tag.


Another picture with the flash on.


This one shows the colors better, but it
doesn't show the emboss too well.


****************************************
What I did:

The bottom paper is the 1st paper that I
embossed when I opened my CB last night.
My youngest daughter was getting ready to
go to bed and wanted to see something so
I did that paper real quick. No wasted scraps,
ya know? Anyway....

I embossed the bottom paper with the "Traffic Jam"
folder. Then I distressed it a little bit with Tim Holtz's
Distress Ink Pad (Tea Dye) using my Tim Holtz's
"Blending Tool" (the one used with Alcohol Inks).
I cut the tag with my Expression using the "Christmas Cheer"
cartridge for the basic tag (last row, far right on layover).
I embossed the tag with the "Swiss Dots" folder on the CB.
Then I used my Distress Ink pads (Tea Dye and Antique Linen)
to "dye" the tag. You can see how to do that here...
http://www.timholtz.com/vid_distressink.htm

When it was dry I tied a ribbon around the hole. (Ribbon is
by American Crafts).
The 3rd piece was a little piece of scrap paper that I had
and embossed with the little square from "Decorative Squares #3"
for the CB. I cut the square out and then rounded the corners
with a corner punch. Then I stamped it with a small clear stamp
from a small Happy Father's Day $1 set I got at Joann's.
I glued down the 1st 2 pieces using my Zig Jumbo then I used
a round pop dot (I think thats what you call them) to mount
the "Happy Father's Day" so that it would stand out a little bit.
I think overall it came out good.
My Dad is a simple person
and I think he will like it. I have never made a card for him
either and I think he will be surprised to get it. :)
Comments Welcome!




No comments: