Jun 7, 2010

I thought......

Thought that this BG was cute. But once I put it up I think it looks dumb.
Maybe its just how its viewing on my laptop...... I have no idea.

Made a couple of cards this weekend for Ashleigh to use as "Thank You" cards
from her graduation gifts. I am a VERY slow crafter, everything has to
be "just so"..... I think I am just too picky and I think about it too much.

Anyway, this card took me about 7 hours to do. Pitiful huh?
Told you Im slow! I think this one is my favorite!
I have very few copic markers so I dont have
many options as far as colors.  I think that
as of right now I have 3 yellows and 3 greens, so
those are really the only 3 colors that I can
"properly" blend when coloring.  Im just not sure
if this is something I really want to do so for right now I
am ok with what I have.  With the exception of my E000 that is
going to have to be replaced thanks to someone not
using the correct ink when they stamped the image.
It ruined my marker :(

Anyway, let me know what you think, please
remember that I have very limited colors and I am
just learning!


Just a note about some of the things I used...

Tilda stamped image from Ruby (Thanks Ruby!)
Copic Markers (dont remember what colors)
Alcohol Ink Pens
Copic Spica for wings (forgot I had this!!)
Prima Flowers (were white)
Glimmer Mist (Lemon Grass??)
$1 "Thank you" stamp from M's
Prima Leaves
"Recollections" brand small yellow roses (the mustard color ones)
Prima small yellow roses (the bright yellow)
Coordinations paper
DCWV Paper
SU! Top Note cut (Thanks Jamie!!)
Iced Stickles (Coffee Ice)
Glitz Stickles (the gold one)

I think thats about it.  I always forget to put what I used, never know who could use the info!
It was so nice to see that M's has their Recollections brand that is now just like Primas!
I have some of the small prima roses and you can NOT tell the difference between the real
thing and the "Generic".  The only difference...... yea.... THE PRICE!  I think the
recollections is only $2.99 where the Primas are $3.99.

Have you all seen the $1 packages of "white primas" at M's?
I compared those to my white primas in the tall tube... SAME THING!
Could NOT tell a difference in texture, thickness, cuts, etc. 
And did I say they are $1 for 14 flowers in different sizes??
WOOT, WOOT!




 

2 comments:

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Nancy,
I love it! I think you did amazing! You can tell how much thought and love went into it! Great job!

jjabauer said...

I love this card! You did an amazing job on it!