Jul 16, 2010

Vintage/Distressed Paint Can

Hey Everyone!  Sorry that I havent posted in a couple of days, but its been a weird week.  My daughter, Ashleigh, turned 18 on tuesday.  *cries*  My babies are getting all grown up.  :(

Anyway, this is the paintcan that I made for my partner, Beth, in the Vintage/Distressed paintcan swap that I hosted on the CMB.  She recently got engaged so I went with a vintage bridal look.  I found the bouquet of flowers and HAD to use them for her.  They are beautiful!  They have like a velvet texture and were actually called "Vintage Wedding" so they worked out nicely.  Covered the can in my vintage dress pattern style.  This is the 1st gallon size "metal" paintcan I have ever done. 







The tule that is around the can actually slid down, it should be
around the top, not drooped.  There are 2 strips of tule around the can, 1 strip in each direction, then I tied it in a bow on each side of the flowers to try and hide the stem without removing it.  The cameo on the can is actually one that I found at the Dollar Tree.  It was a pony tail holder!!  I snipped it off and wolah there ya go. At the bottom is some lace I had in my stash and then some flat back pearls on a string. (My FAV. embellishment to use!!)
Around the lid I also put the pearls on a string as well as a clear "crystal" Tim Holtz Curio Knob.  The can was inked with distress inks in tumbled glass, broken china, stormy sky and walnut stain to give it the blue tone, then it was sprayed with glimmer mist in Denim.

Thanks for looking!
TGIF!!

No comments: