Jul 2, 2011

Altered Canvas

Hey Everyone!

Wanted to share with you this altered canvas
that I created for a friend.

Many techniques went into this canvas and
it actually took me several days to do it.
I started out with a smaller canvas and
had to redo it on the larger size.



Here is a list of the products I used:

Flowers:
Red 25mm Open Roses # FM-00293
Ivory 10mm Open Roses # FM-00064
Light Ivory Wild Curly Roses # FM-00410
Lace # LA-00011

Moon Shadows:
Silhouette Silver
Long John's Silver
Crows Nest Copper
Golden Doubloons
Van Dyke Sepia Walnut
Buccaneer Bronze
Buccaneer Bay Blue
Treasure Island Aqua
Smoky Sapphire

Starburst Spray:
Tiffany's Blue

Starburst Stain:
Dark Chocolate Truffle

Misc. Inks:
Broken China Distress Ink
Brown Stazon
Patina Rub-n-Buff

Stamp:
Prima 4x6 Hex Net (Chicken wire)

Alpha Letters:
Tim Holtz Salvage Stickers
Grungeboard Shapes

Image:
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutant
"Time Flies"

Gears:
Tim Holtz Mini Gears Set

"What I did"....
Canvas is approx. 14x12 in size (its a big one)
I sprayed the entire canvas with the listed LSG and
dried between layers.  I used the LSG "Noodle Brush" to
put brush strokes in the LSG on the canvas to add a little texture.  Once it was all dried, I stamped it with the Prima Hex Net stamp using Brown Stazon ink.  I then rubbed my Broken China Distress Ink pad
directly onto the canvas and along the edges.  I then rubbed a small amount of Patina Rub-n-Buff around the edges and in small areas on the front of the canvas.  I fussy cut the image from the G45 paper
and added Glossy accents to her lips, earring and clock.  I added some Diamond Glaze to the wings and the bird.  I like Diamond Glaze for covering large areas because it does come out faster and does the same thing as Glossy Accents.  I painted the ivory 10mm roses with red metallic paint.  When they were dry I rubbed them with a little bit of Walnut Stain distress ink and some LSG Dark Chocolate Truffle Stain.  The gears were cut from the die out of chipboard and I added 3 layers of Pewter embossing powder to make them "metal" and then rubbed with some finger rubbings to alter the color a bit.  I distressed the 25mm Red Roses and the 40mm Wild Curly Roses with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  After all of the pieces were added, I added the lace trim at the bottom from WOC, that I colored with Antique Linen Distress Stain to make it more of a Vintage Lace.  Then I added the black beaded trim at the top as well as the beaded trim down the sides.  When everything was added I "drizzled" the ballchain around from the top "Create" to the pocket watch in the hand of the G45 image.  I used the Claudine Hellmuth Matte Multi-Medium to adhere it to the canvas.

I had a lot of fun doing this canvas. 
I hope that my friend likes it.
If you have any questions just let me know :))

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

Amaco said...

Nancy,

Glad to see AMACO Rub 'n Buff was a part of your creation. It's awesome!